Best Tenor Ukulele!
Do you sometimes feel that you have no talent and cannot even do half the things other people can? So, if you want to get something to be good at and show it off to your friends, starting to play the ukulele is a great option. Don’t let the toy-like appearance fool you. The ukuleles produce sounds so good and are so easy to master. As a result, your friends will be requesting you to play in their events.
Now, if you do not like the traditional small-sized ukuleles, you can always go to the tenor ukulele that is double the size. However, choosing the best tenor ukes from such a wide variety available in the market is both stressful and exhausting. But, if you know the key things to check and the few of the best features in the industry, you will get it done in no time. Just keep reading and, you will know where to start and how to end.
Best Tenor Ukulele Buying Guide
Above all, tenor ukuleles are the third largest among the concert, soprano, and baritone ukuleles based on its size. The larger size gives your fingers the ample space to maneuver on. However, the off-road size form traditional size does not mean the sound will change too. It delivers the same sweet, traditional sound at a louder volume thanks to its size. Here are some of the things you should keep in mind while buying one:
- The Wood used: Since there would be no ukulele without wood, this is the most important thing. You should always look for mahogany or Koa in the build as they are the most commonly used for ukuleles. However, if it features a better quality wood, you can go for it too after being sure.
Moreover, you should also consider the sound of the wood helps to create. Because wood not only makes the ukulele but has considerable influence over the type of tone.
- Price: Whatever your budget, make sure you get the right ukulele accessories and the right-quality ukulele. Usually, you will get higher-quality and an advanced level ukulele at higher prices.
- The Design: Laminated ukuleles are cheaper but provide better protection against humidity and temperature, whereas solid ukuleles focus more on a sturdy and efficient build. Find out the type you need before buying. Moreover, ukulele the style should fit your style.
Top 8 Tenor Ukuleles Review:
- Lanikai Tenor Ukulele (MALIBU)
- Oscar Schmidt 4-String Tenor Ukulele
- Ukulele Tenor Size Bundle from Lohanu (LU-T)
- Donner Tenor Ukulele Mahogany Body DUT-1 26 inch Ukulele Kit
- Tenor Ukulele Bundle, Deluxe Series by Hola! Music (Model HM-127MG+)
- Kala KA-RES-BRS Tenor Resonator Ukulele – Brass Cover
- Kala KA-TG Glossed Mahogany Tenor Ukulele Bundle
- Enya EUT-M6 Cutaway Tenor Ukulele
Reviews of the seven best tenor ukuleles of best ukulele brands given below will help you know about the features you need.
1. Lanikai Tenor Ukulele (MALIBU).
If you are looking for a ukulele that has high quality and durability for the greater size of a tenor, the Lanikai tenor ukulele might be the one. The best feature of it? The Hawaiian experts with hands build it in Hawaii. Everything about this ukulele screams Hawaii and its traditional ukulele quality at a bigger size of 26 inches. Made of Koa wood and solid wood, this tenor ukulele does not just confirm the great sound and tone but also the durability. Moreover, the fretboard is of premium rosewood, which will provide you with the smoothest platform your fingers wander on. To clarify, it has a hand-rubbed oil and wax finish, which speaks of the intensive Hawaiian touch it has.
- Hand-made by expert Hawaiian luthiers
- Quality builds with Koa wood
- The best tenor ukulele under 1000 dollars
- Solid build
- Unique and appealing look
- It does not include any accessories
2. Oscar Schmidt 4-String Tenor Ukulele.
Do your friends ask about a unique looking ukulele? Of course, Oscar Schmidt should help you gain fame. It is also a good tenor ukulele under 300 dollars that you will get. Built with mahogany or Koya, this ukulele stereotype breaks down and excels its splattered mango with top, back and sides. It will amaze you with the sound quality it provides with the material it uses. Moreover, synthetic bone nut and saddle accompanies it to keep the Aquila Nylgut strings in place. Besides, Deluxe Grover Chrome Tuners with ebony buttons keep it tuned as well.
- Spalted mango build delights the customers with its sound quality
- Precise build
- Great tone
- Best tenor ukulele under 300 dollars
- Robust tuning features
- It comes with a nice case
- It does not include enough accessories for the price
3. Ukulele Tenor Size Bundle from Lohanu (LU-T).
If you are just a beginner and want a ukulele that can stand your rough, inexperienced hands, then this would be a great choice. Made of Sapele/mahogany top, back, and sides, this ukulele gives you a sound that you don’t expect at such a price. The sound is not just loud, but space is generous for big hands as well. It even features an arched back design to enhance sound quality. The rosewood fingerboard also gives you an easier beginner time. It comes with pre-installed Aquila strings and chrome dies cast tuners to save you from the worry of tuning. Moreover, the handmade ABS binding gives it a great look. Apart from that, it offers you everything you can ask for as a beginner at a price you won’t regret paying.
- Design (arched back) that enhances sound quality
- Pre-installed strap buttons
- Free accessories- Accurate tuner with battery, padded bag, polyester strap, two picks, pick holder with a sticker, extra set of strings included
- Appealing look
- Reasonable price
- The best tenor ukulele under $100
- Not the best build quality
4. Donner Tenor Ukulele Mahogany Body DUT-1 26 inch Ukulele Kit.
Many people want to choose Tenor Ukulele. But they feel worried to purchase due to the high prices. The Donner DUT-1 Tenor Ukulele Kit eliminates all worries by giving an affordable and high-quality ukulele. With a mahogany body, it does not provide the best quality sound but a loud and ok sound for the price. However, the Rosewood Bridge and fingerboard should make playing as comfortable as it can get. The Carbon Nylon strings that come with it assure you of the string quality. Moreover, the Donner Patented chrome-plated guitar style tuner makes your tuning smooth, easy, and compatible. The 18 marked brass-frets make playing easier for the beginners.
- Great quality strings
- Accurate and efficient tuner
- Polished, spacious, and marked frets
- Well-built with traditional materials
- Includes lots of accessories like a bag, ukulele strap, an extra set of carbon nylon strings, and a digital clip-on tuner
- The sound quality could be better
5. Tenor Ukulele Bundle, Deluxe Series by Hola! Music (Model HM-127MG+).
It is another ukulele for beginners as it not only ensures entry-level quality but also saves cost offering accessories generously. With the long-term reputation of producing high-quality ukuleles, you should gain confidence in the quality of this brand. As for the sound, the mahogany body with a Nato neck provides the traditional, rich, and mid-range sound that you expect from ukuleles. There is the rosewood fingerboard to aid your fingers. Moreover, the premium Italian Aquila Strings with the high precision die-cast machine heads chrome plated and black rubber pegs, assure tuning ease. The laser-engraved rosette with white bindings finally gives this ukulele a look you cannot resist.
- Traditional design and look
- Pleasant sound
- Includes necessary accessories like the Aquila Nylgut Strings installed, padded gig bag, strap, and picks
- Great value for the price
- Tuners may not be efficient enough
6. Kala KA-RES-BRS Tenor Resonator Ukulele – Brass Cover.
Want to get yourself seen and your ukulele heard? Then, the Kala tenor resonator ukulele should make the job easier for you. Whether you are a terrific musician or a great one, this ukulele will turn your head around with its loud and high-quality sound. Because the Kala Resonator Uke includes a lightweight aluminum resonator cone crafted into a figured that enhances sound volume. Besides, its mahogany body makes it a natural ukulele. So, as much as the sound resonates, it creates a distinctive voice. Moreover, the rosewood fingerboard also allows easy playability. It is a tenor ukulele under $500 that you are finding.
- A good quality resonator attached
- Great intonation
- Decent build quality
- The best tenor ukulele under $500
- Great design and look
- It does not include accessories
7. Kala KA-TG Glossed Mahogany Tenor Ukulele Bundle.
It is the second time Kala has made it to our list, and this time we’ve included a tenor ukulele for under $200. The Kala KA-TG is a ukulele that will provide you with not only the entry-level quality but the many accessories you need to assist. Moreover, you won’t regret the price you pay for the accessories as it’s quite negligible, and there will be no guilt for not being the best musician with such a great ukulele. The ukulele features a traditional mahogany body and neck that assures you of the best intonation in this price range. Moreover, walnut fingerboard should make things smooth for you. On top of it all, the high-gloss finish with the cream binding gives this ukulele an elegant look that will make people stare at it a little longer.
- The best tenor ukulele under $200
- Around 27-inch length can accommodate bigger hands comfortably
- The bundle includes useful accessories like- gig bag, tuner, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and polishing cloth
- Great intonation
- Traditional, high-quality build.
- Great looks
- Aquila Nylgut strings included
- Stays in tune
- Needs some set-up
- Lots of complaints about the case quality
8. Enya EUT-M6 Cutaway Tenor Ukulele
For the perfect structure and great appearance among the tenor ukuleles, we add the Enya EUT-M6 Cutaway Uke to the list. Due to its easy carrying and high-quality strings, you can play it whenever and wherever you want. In truth, it is suitable for beginners, professionals, and all ukulele lovers.
The Enya EUT-M6 includes a pearl shell and mahogany design on the top of the fingerboard. Besides, its 3A solid mahogany top, back, and sides with high gloss finish make for a clean and harmonious sound. As a result, this model has gained popularity among a large number of players.
Moreover, this uke provides a gig bag for transportation at the time of purchasing. This 26inch ukulele brings a brighter sound. Consequently, it is perfect for solo playing. That’s to say, suitable for the players who find the best ukulele for under $300.
- Stay tuned for a long time
- A full body sound
- Suitable for live performances
- No extra accessories
With the wrong ukulele, no matter how strategically hard you try, you will not get the desired melody. However, with the perfect one, you will be getting invitations to play soon after you start. Our best tenor ukulele guide should help you find that perfect one, which will not only soothe your soul but that of others around you. Know the features that suit you best and also the cons that you want to avoid. But, after this careful purchase, you will surely have the best ukulele in your hand.