Notice all the talented artists, musicians or mathematicians around you? Looking for some talent of yours to show off? None found? Looking for an ability to turn into a talent? Uke will be a great option to try! Unlike the guitar, it’s neither big nor consists of six strings to master. To clarify, the ukulele is quite easy to learn and also does not break the bank for beginners!
However, in order to get the greatest value for the price you pay, you have to be very careful to buy a uke. There are so many ways you could be disappointed in with the wrong ukulele. Therefore, you guide with seven reviews shall help you find a good uke to accompany you on your road to fame.
Buying Guide for the best ukulele
Before talking about the construction and price complexities, let us first introduce the four kinds of ukuleles that exist. Basically, the four kinds of ukuleles are classified based on their size.
Soprano is the smallest one being around 20-inch in length with a classic traditional sound.
Next comes Concert with its 23-inch length and a louder, rich sound.
The Tenor ukulele with a 26-inch length comes next with a deeper tone.
Finally, the mighty baritone ukulele of 30-inch length with the deepest tone is the fourth kind.
Might you be big or small, you will definitely find the right size and the best brands of ukuleles for yourself among these. Now the other factors of consideration are:
- The wood used for the build: Apparently, the wood does not just give the uke a material existence but also influences its sound. There are many kinds of woods used such as monkeypod, mahogany, mango, koa, rosewood, cedar, acacia, etc. But Koa is the most traditional one and Mahogany the most commonly used. Both of them contribute to a high-quality build and unique mid-range tones of their own. Just choose whichever wood creates the tone you prefer.
- Experience: With lesser experience, you should probably go for cheaper, entry-level ukuleles that provide the highest quality and necessary accessories for the price. If you have enough experience you can always go for expensive ones that suit your level.
- Price: Not all expensive ukuleles have the best quality and not all cheap ones are sloppy. So, just know your level and look for the one that provides what you need at the cheapest price. Because there is a best for every range.
Seven of the best ukulele reviews
After that, here is a list of 7 the best ukuleles of best ukulele brands which will help you how to choose a ukulele.
1. Aklot Solid Mahogany Soprano Ukulele Starter Kit.
Just beginning to learn this Hawaiian instrument for peace and looking for a cheap uke to experiment with? The Aklot is one of the most popular ukulele brands for beginners coming at a low price and offering a durable build to withstand your inexperienced hands. This best soprano ukulele actually features all the traditional uke points that you will look for.
In fact, it has a mahogany top, side and back to provide you with the traditional mid-range ukulele tone. Although the neck uses Okoume wood, the fingerboard features a rosewood construction which makes it smooth under your fingers. Apart from coming with Aquila strings it also comes with an advanced 1:18 Pure Copper tuning gear which will make keeping tune seem like a piece of cake to you. Lastly, this lower action uke gives you a buzz-free and smooth playing surface with a natural matte finish making it a good ukulele for beginners.
- Solid construction makes it better with time and practice.
- Traditional materials used in construction.
- Perfect ukulele for beginners.
- Includes all accessories like- Gig Bag, picks, tuner, strap, strings, cleaning cloth, and an instruction book gift box.
- Durable build with a strengthened rib.
- Safe for children with its protective design.
- Does not include a case.
2. Oscar Schmidt OU2 Mahogany Concert Ukulele Bundle.
This is basically the best concert ukulele to get you noticed at a get-together. In fact, it features a traditional mahogany back, top and sides to provide you with the traditional high-quality tone. Moreover, the rosewood fingerboard makes the road even smoother for you if you are just beginning. Also, it comes with pre-installed high-quality strings with a geared tuner. So, that makes it even better to play on and keep it in tune. Apart from all that the semi-stain finish gives it a look you will be proud of owning. The smooth fret ends and precision low action makes it more comfortable to use. That is to say, the resonance it provides to the sounds makes it the best concert ukulele.
- Great tone.
- Well-built with quality materials.
- Stays in tune.
- Resonant quality helps provide a great volume.
- Offers a lot- Gig bag, tuner, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and polishing cloth.
- Great value for the price.
- Best concert ukulele for beginners.
- Many customers had issues with the strings.
3. Hola! Music HM-21BU Soprano Ukulele Bundle.
If you are looking to start on the uke in a traditional way, you should probably start with the best soprano ukulele that comes with everything you need! As you are just beginning, you prefer the lower price, don’t you? In fact, this uke provides you exactly that and offers you a quality that you won’t expect at this price. It apparently features a maple body of 21 inches making it really easy to deal with.
Moreover, it produces a sound that is quite satisfying as well. Fortunately, the walnut bridge and fingerboard with a Nato neck makes it really easy for beginners to tune the Aquila Nylgut strings this model comes with. Apparently, the most attractive feature is the thin layer of vibrant colour on it. It is actually available in 10 different colours. In short, the amount of accessories it includes makes it the best soprano ukulele for beginners.
- Quality sound.
- Great build with sturdy materials.
- Offers everything necessary from a tote bag, strap, to three picks.
- Easy playability.
- Vibrant look.
- Best soprano ukulele entry-level at the price.
- Sloppy fretboard.
4. Kala MK-T Makala Tenor Ukulele Bundle.
The Kala MK-T Tenor ukulele offers you a quality that you find in no other beginner ukulele at the price. With a price somewhere in the middle of too cheap and too expensive, this best tenor ukulele for beginners offers you everything you can ask of a ukulele. You won’t even need to worry about the rainy season affecting it because of its Agathis laminated top, back and sides.
As a matter of fact, the Agathis partnered with a mahogany neck and a satin finish provides you with a sound that most ukuleles fail to deliver. You might even be hitting the wrong notes and falling in love with the sound nevertheless. Also, the rosewood fingerboard backed by the lightweight construction makes it really easy to hold and smooth to play. Moreover, the high-quality strings paired with geared tuners make tuning a negligible hazard. Certainly, this is the best tenor ukulele under 100 dollars.
- Lightweight but sturdy construction.
- Agathis Laminated build makes it durable.
- Excellent sound quality.
- Easy playability.
- Buzz-free and consistently tuned.
- Includes extras like- a gig bag, a chromatic tuner, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD and a polishing cloth.
- Unbelievable overall quality for the price.
- Not the best looking ukulele.
5. Kala MK-B Makala Baritone Ukulele Bundle.
Looking for a high quality uke that provides you with a standard level for beginning at a price that won’t hurt you if you give it up? Apparently, the Kala MK-B baritone ukulele is a popular ukulele under 100 dollars to fill the air around you. Coming at such a convenient price, it provides you with an experience that will eventually make you buy more ukuleles of professional level later on.
In fact, it features an Agathis body with a mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard. This is as you may already know a great combination for providing the best sound if they are put together perfectly. In this case, they are. Moreover, its silver nickel fret wires on the walnut fingerboard to separate the 18 frets gives you a smooth surface to move your fingers on. Besides, the Aquila strings and other accessories the spacious ukulele comes with easily makes it the best ukulele under 100.
- Excellent Build.
- Great quality materials used in construction.
- Appealing and rich sound quality.
- Gig bag, tuner, Austin Bazaar Instructional DVD, and polishing cloth included with it.
- Best baritone ukulele under 100
- Spacious yet lightweight.
- Easy to play without any required adjustment.
- Case quality could be improved.
6. HANKEY KUC70-1 Acoustic-Electric Concert Ukulele.
In case the acoustic ukuleles haven’t satisfied you and you are looking for a best electric ukulele at an affordable price, the Hankey KUC70-1 should delight you! As you already know the main difference with others is the inclusion of a three-band equalizer. So, if you are somewhere between being a beginner and an intermediate player, this uke will get you an audience with its loud, rich sound. Although electric, it has a great traditional laminated body of Koa wood with a green shell inlaid top which promises quality and beauty. Moreover, it has a mahogany neck with a brown hi-gloss finish making it look gorgeous. Apart from that, it arrives with strings installed and a lot of other accessories for you to begin with.
- Great tone.
- Adequate volume.
- Two strap buttons for stability.
- Great for beginners for their emergence to the next level.
- A bag, strap, extra Aquila Strings, polishing cloth, 2 Pins Installed, Instructional Book is included with it.
- Traditional, sleek design.
- Great buy for the price.
- Many had issues with the installed strings.
7. ADM Koa Plywood Concert 23 Inch Intermediate Professional Ukulele Bundle.
So, you are past the beginner level and need a uke that fits your level but at a low price? This concert ukulele by ADM provides you with both- a low price and an intermediate quality. Apparently, ADM is one of the most suitable ukulele brands for intermediate and professional players. In fact, this model by ADM has a Koa plywood body and neck that makes the tone richer and brighter sounding. Moreover, the rosewood fingerboard and bridge make your slightly harder notes easier to play with their smoothness. Apparently, the inclusion of the Aquila strings with dies cast tuners keeps your ukulele in tune. Apart from all that its brown colour body with laser etched rosette design is a stunning treat to the eyes. Lastly, it assures to give your money back if you want it within one month.
- Great build with quality materials.
- Rich and bright sound quality.
- Includes a Gig Bag, Tuner, strap and a polishing cloth.
- Great buy for the price.
- There were complaints about edges being too sharp.
You should have nothing to worry about but only the notes on your finger while learning to play the ukulele. In fact, your ukulele should pose no trouble for you in your road to glory but aid you. Therefore, you have to choose carefully what is the best ukulele for yourself considering it fits your style, tone and is of great quality. Apparently, our ukulele reviews and buying guide should have given you a clearer idea about these peaceful delights. Above all, we believe you can barely go wrong now so make that purchase!